Why not detox and chill while you Netflix and chill, amiright?
Or detox + chill at the beach, at a BBQ, or after your next hot yoga sesh?
You get the idea, if you want to hydrate, flush out some toxins, reduce inflammation, and cool down, this essential-oil-infused minty lemonade is gonna make it happen.
I love to whip up a big batch of this in a pitcher so people can help themselves to it whenever they’d like – or to make it easier to grab a glass/bottle on-the-go.
The ingredients are simple, tasty, and have tons of health benefits, check ’em out:
Lemon Juice: I’m sure by now you know the benefits of drinking lemon water, but for a quick little reminder, lemons are packed with antioxidants, lower inflammation, support liver heath, boost the immune system, and aid digestion and detoxification.
Raw, Local Honey: Mixing essential oils with honey helps them emulsify/disperse into the water that serves as the base of this drink – without it the EO’s just kinda hang out on the top of the glass (oil + water aren’t BFF’s). Raw, local honey is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal, plus it’s high in antioxidants, helps soothe seasonal allergies, and improves digestion.
Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon oil is a lymphatic system cleansing, detoxifying machine. You know those creepy toxins that your body likes to store in your fat cells that I told you about? Lemon oil actually helps your body flush those out – reducing your overall toxic load, and other toxin-related problemos (like cellulite and excess lbs). It’s also a powerful cleanser, facilitates healthy digestion, balances emotions, and boosts energy and focus.
Peppermint Essential Oil: I add peppermint oil to this particular concoction for its cooling properties (great for a hot summer day), but it’s also super beneficial for soothing digestion, pain, and respiratory concerns, boosting energy, improving focus, and freshening breath.
If you’re planning on ingesting essential oils, do your research and ensure the oils are pure therapeutic grade (with no additives, adulterations, etc.), are safe for ingestion, and come from a brand that you trust.
One hot tip before we dive into the recipe – always ensure that you’re never use plastic or styrofoam cups/containers when using essential oils – especially citrus oils. Drink them out of glass or stainless steel instead to avoid leeching petrochemicals into your drink. We’re trying to detox, not retox, homies!
- 1 cup organic lemon juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- 8 cups filtered or distilled water
- 1/2 cup raw local honey simple syrup (1/4 cup raw local honey, dissolved in 1/4 cup warm filtered water) *use less if you’re not into sweetness
- 3 drops lemon essential oil (ensure they’re pure therapeutic grade + safe for internal consumption)
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil (ensure they’re pure therapeutic grade + safe for internal consumption)
- Organic lemon slices + mint leaves for garnish
- 1 bottle of sparkling water (if you’re feeling fancy)
- Add drops of essential oils to the honey simple syrup after it’s cooled down and mix well to combine.
- Mix all of the liquid ingredients together, garnish with lemon slices + mint leaves, top with a little sparkling water if you’re feeling fancy, and enjoy!
If you have questions or want more info on essential oils, hop right over here and fill out the form to connect.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information contained on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease.