In a time of being constantly connected to the noise and chaos of the outside world, we’re in need of tools to help us access a space of quiet internal connection, peace, and restoration more than ever.
When we’re feeling particularly swept up in the opinions of others, the incessant, fear-fueling chirps of news outlets, or even going through a period of conflict, trauma, or loss in our lives – we can benefit hugely from practices that allow us to be present with life, but also feel protected and connected to what’s true. Acupoint P-8 and Frankincense essential oil are such an incredible duo for doing just this. Together, they create a sort of protective energetic cocoon where we can find a sense of inner sanctuary while we connect to our soul, our authentic self, our purpose, and our healing.
This combo is not only incredibly powerful, but it’s also easy to practice as P-8 is located in an easy-to-access spot in the palm of the hand. I hope it becomes one of your go-to’s whenever you feel like you need to seek strength within.
Let’s chat through what makes this dynamic duo so incredibly soul-nourishing.
- Promotes connection in all its forms (mind, body, soul, universal, spiritual, human, etc.), soothes inflammation, increases Guardian Qi and supports the immune system, soothes tension, restlessness, irritability, insomnia, emotional wounds, fear of the future, nervous tension, indecision, depression, anxiety, stress, and blocked personal growth, supports cellular regeneration, supports skin health and clear, youthful appearance, normalizes the Qi, supports the respiratory, lymphatic, reproductive, and digestive systems, transforms old energetic boundaries, pain, and trauma, supports meditation practice, promotes focus and clarity of mind, calms, rectifies, and frees the Spirit.
- Chakra associations:
- Root, Heart, Third Eye, Crown
- Just about in the center of your palm, where the tip of the middle finger lands when making a fist.
- Known as the “Palace of Labor/Toil”
- Connects us to the wisdom of our soul and spiritual purpose
- Nourishes and protects the Spirit/Shen
- Supports peace and restoration
- Creates a container of protection, safety, and healing
- Supports healthy energetic boundaries
- Apply 1 drop of essential oil to the tip of your pointer finger and apply it to P-8. Hold it lightly in place, close your eyes, and breathe deeply for at least 45 seconds (so the oil has time to absorb) or until you feel a shift in energy. Adding a visualization that relates to your current goals and the above benefits will add even more power to this process.
- Aromatherapy with Chinese Medicine: Healing the Mind, Body, and Spirit with Essential Oils, Dennis Willmont
- Aroma AcuPoint Therapy Training, Tiffany Carole Pollard + Peter Holmes
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information contained on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease.