This is just what you need for the days when you spend a liiiittle too much time soaking in the rays and you end up red and crispy – or even for the days when you don’t end up red and crispy, but just want some good old fashioned skin nourishment and hydration.
You can also keep this in your beach bag and give yourself a little spritz here and there throughout the day. Giving your skin a little lovin’ isn’t reserved for post-sun hours!
This spray can be whipped up in under a minute – it’s so freakin’ easy – and the ingredients are as pure as you can get. Here’s a quick rundown of what each of them do to restore your skin back to its happy place:
– Fractionated Coconut Oil: FCO is a common carrier oil for essential oils, it’s super helpful for improving their absorption into the skin and reducing potential sensitivities. It’s also packed with antioxidants, creates a protective layer over skin to help lock in moisture, and has anti-septic properties.
– Aloe Vera Juice: Like FCO, aloe vera is packed with antioxidants and creates a protective layer over the skin to lock in moisture. It also soothes inflamed skin via it’s anti-inflammatory properties and boosts collagen (increasing firmness, smoothness + elasticity).
– Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender oil speeds up skin recovery time in a big way. It’s incredibly soothing for the skin (and body in general), reduces pain, stimulates cellular regeneration, is anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and regenerative.
– Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint oil is like a little portable A/C unit on a hot day. It has powerful cooling properties that reduce heat on the skin (and in the body as a whole), and it’s also antiseptic and antibacterial.
4 ingredients – that’s all you need! It’s also good to keep in mind that all of these ingredients have a long list of health benefits that I didn’t dive into above – I just highlighted their purpose in this specific after-sun spray to stay on topic.
Okay, ready for your summer skin’s new partner in crime? Here we go!
- 2 oz glass bottle (I used amber to limit the amount of sunlight that’s able to seep in)
- 2 tbsp organic fractionated coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic aloe vera juice
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in the glass spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply as needed.
If you have questions or want more info on essential oils, hop right over here and fill out the form to connect.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information contained on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease.