This recipe is my current bliss ball go-to. I shared my low-sugar bliss ball recipe with you guys in the past – and while those are delightful and crunchy – I’ve gotta say, if I had to choose between the two, I’d pick this superfood variation. Something about the mix of textures and flavors is just magic.
I actually created this recipe after Kyle + I developed a bliss ball habit at a local juice bar. We were spending WAY too many dolla billz on them and I wasn’t fully sure if they used organic ingredients – so I decided to try to replicate them at home to save $ and have the ability to choose the ingredients myself. After a few tries I finally found the perfect combo.
And daaamn, girl – they are tasty. Plus, they give you an immediate burst of energy.
I love to have a couple post-2pm for a little afternoon pick-me-up. They’re also awesome if you need to take breakfast to-go and don’t have time to whip something up.
These are packed with antioxidants, good fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals – pretty much everything you could every ask for in a snack. They’ll boost your energy, help balance hormones, nourish your skin from the inside out, chomp up free radicals, reduce inflammation levels, and so much more.
Okay, enough blabbing from me – it’s recipe time!
Makes: 20 balls
Ingredients: (always organic, if possible)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Pulse almonds in food processor/high-speed blender until well ground, you want them to still have some small almond chunks (or you can take a shortcut and use almond meal if you want).
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and process/blend until they’re all incorporated.
- Grab small handfuls of the mixture, squeeze each in your hands (this ensures the balls stay intact and don’t crumble), then roll into balls until all of the mixture is gone.
- Pop them in the refrigerator to let them set, and remove them as needed – they’re best enjoyed when they’re still a bit cool.
- Get your bliss ball on!